Sunday, October 7, 2012

Strawberry Soaked Birthday Cake

 One of my most popular cakes around home is Strawberry-Soaked birthday cake. It is not fancy, but my family has seen enough wedding cakes, and they really just want something unbelievably decadent and delicious-- and this is it. It has to stay in the pan (since it is soaked in strawberry sauce and features a very creamy frosting), so I have to find more creative ways to decorate....
My friend Nichole loves my Strawberry-Soaked birthday cake, and she wanted it for her son Tripp's 2nd birthday. It is vanilla cake that is soaked in strawberry sauce, and then frosted with a whipped vanilla pudding mixture, so this is what we did with it. This is fruit leather that is cute into the shape of a tractor. The leather sort of melts into a yummy gel that keeps its shape on top of the cake. Delicious and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment